Thursday, 9 October 2008

First Day of School!






Well, Zack finally made it to school. After almost a month of going back and forth and waiting to be invited he started his first day at Ursuline Prep today. The Prep (as it is called) is located on an extremely narrow street with little or no parking..that creates some challenges for me. Luckily, Doug joined us on the first day and we made it on-time.

Zack is in Reception Class A. There are about 20 kids in his class. He looks so darn cute in his uniform I can hardly take it! He was great about getting ready this morning and was excited to put on his trousers, shirt and jumper (sweater). He was also excited about his plimsoles (tennis shoes). Believe it or not, we were unable to find dress shoes at the mall...yes, the mall...had no shoes stores for kids. So, Zack went to school today in his plimsoles..no biggie. We got him new shoes today and now he is all set.

He had an excellent day. I was about 45 minutes early to pick him up..I wanted to make sure I could find somewhere to park (I did some impressive parellel parking I must say). His teacher said he did "brilliant". He wasn't too talkative about his day (just like his dad;) but said he made a friend and wanted to go back tomorrow..all good signs:)

No comments: