Monday, 6 October 2008

Sightseeing




So far we have gone to Brighton..which is a shore town. Had a bit of an Atlantic City feel (even though I have never been to Atlantic City). Fat Boy Slim was playing at the beach that day so the crowd was a little rowdy. Those Brits do like their drink. It was a BEAUTIFUL day though and it was fun to watch Zack on all the rides. Lots of amusement park games too. We are not as good at the claw game as Uncle Dan. There was a game where you put in a pence and tried to push the other coins forward..I know I am not explaining it well, but it was very addicting.


The next day we took a ride to Windsor Castle. Took about 45 minutes to get there, which was really cool. The Castle was immense. Another beautiful day to look around. No cameras were allowed inside the castle. I had been reading the books about the Boleyn's and watching the Tudor's, so it was really neat to see inside. We saw Henry VIII's armour at the end of his reign...you could see how big he got.


The next weekend we made it to IKEA..I know, not a sight to see, but important anyway:)


We took our first trip into London on the tube. It took 25 minutes to get to the Kensington Street station..where all the museums were. We checked out the Museum of History. The camera was out of batteries, so no pics. It was in a very large, impressive building...would have been worth the trip just to see the building...the architecture and history here is amazing. Zack liked the dinosaurs and the blue whale the best. It was a fun day.


No comments: